Søholt lies in lovely surroundings on the south side of Søndersø with a garden bordering the lake. According to most sources, Søholt was originally part of a leper hospital, known as St. Jørgen's, which was in the village of Bregerup. The first mention of Bregerup and St. Jørgen’s is from 1389.
Søholt’s white hall is from 1804, but was re-built in New Renaissance style in the middle of the 1800s. The present farm buildings were built in 1919 at some distance south of the hall after a fire in 1917.
East of the hall there is a public access garden in French style dated approx. 1690. This is one of the earliest baroque gardens in Denmark, and it was renovated in 2009-2010.
Søholt has been owned by Frederik Lüttichau since 2003. Today it is a modern farm with forestry and professional hunting services.